View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #28
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Maybe that was the only deal offered to him?

I have a hard time believing he had multiple attractive offers and he simply followed the money.
Seems very, very unlikely that was the only offer available to him. Might've been the only one that had anywhere near that term and dollar value.

I think its a combination of him following the money/term and him overrating how close COL was to competing. I mean Iginla has shown he isn't very good at picking contenders. He insisted on going to PIT over BOS because he thought they were close and then PIT misused him and BOS went to the cup finals. Then the next summer he signs with BOS anyways and then they don't make it as far. His best bet at that point to win the cup was probably just going for cheap, 1 year deals with the best contenders. How do you not come to the conclusion that he chased the money when he signed with COL? I mean you can argue they should've been better than they were but if winning was truly the #1 priority there's no way you pick COL. For sure there would've been less lucrative shorter deals offered by teams who were true contenders.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: