Thread: DDPYoga
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #66
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
It really depends on the studio that you go to. For instance,I have done yoga through p90x so I thought I had a decent handle on it prior to trying out hot yoga for the first time. I tried hot yoga at "Breath" studio near 130 ave. The class was great, however, at the end of the class, the instructor announced that the class was finished and that everyone should just lie down and "become one with yourself". I didn't have time for this due to an upcoming appt and proceeded to pack up my mat. Then, I got chastised in front of the whole class by this instructor for packing up before she officially dismissed the class. Needless to say, I've never been back to that studio.

There is some snobbery associated with these certain studios and instructors. That's why these follow along dvds are a no-brainer for a lot of people.
That's called being considerate. You're not the only one in the class, and a lot of people genuinely use that time to finish their practice and go through mental/emotional exercises. The fact that you don't want to is up to you, but packing up in the middle of it disrupts others.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote