View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #31
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Not liking Louis CK is a weird one in all this. Like, his behaviour adds authenticity to the content of his bits IMO. Finding out he likes to jerk off while talking to chicks on the phone only made him funnier. Unpopular opinion, but there it is.

I don't think I have the stomach to watch this MJ thing, although it is interesting. I'll keep reading your guys' takes on it for now.
It was actually just a wee bit more than whacking off over the phone.

The level of the want and willingness to look past what Louis did is fascinating. All the same context of power exertion, extortion, sexual abuse...but because there was no traditional penetrative rape or molestation it's more easily dismissed.

I'm saying this as someone that is guilty of it too, but every time I see him on screen I am uncomfortable. Him traumatizing other human beings through the power he held does not make him funnier to me. It makes me sad because I admired and identified with his self-deprecating humour and observations, and that's lost to me because I can no longer separate the truth from the satire.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: