Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #2820
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgflamesfan View Post
Are you penalized for moving it out of the trap? We're currently playing with the following:

(i) if it's in the bunker (and not in a footprint) you play your ball as you would normally
(ii) if it's in a footprint you can move it (within the bunker) with no penalty
(iii) if you want to move it out of the bunker you can do so but are assessed a one stroke penalty

Also with respect to the previous comment about the group lining up every putt, I get that can be frustrating when they're looking at a double or triple bogey and still lining things up, however, we've been getting increasingly frustrated with people playing too quickly on the greens. Increasingly, we're seeing groups just hit one putt without lining anything up, call it good and pick up their balls (no matter how far out they were) and come and wait on the tee box behind us. I get not holding things up when you're already way over par but what exactly of the point of playing golf if you're not even going to attempt to putt properly (i.e. in what world is a 15 footer for birdie/par a gimme)?

And before I get roasted for playing slow, we're still able to putt properly and keep any round at 4 hours +/- 15 minutes.
People take way longer on the green than they should. Everyone should be lining up their putt right when they get there. Even if you have marked your ball you can still read it while out of the way. I can't stand the people who won't look to line up their shot until its 'their' turn to putt.

Also 4 hours 15 minutes is too long IMO. Anything over 4 hours and you are playing slow.

Your bunkers rules are how it should be played IMO.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post: