View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #2063
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've always said that the biggest mistake out there was the scaling back of NASA. Beyond doing very cool stuff, the drive for space to me was always motivating and inspirational.

At some point though they went from the exploration of space to the UPS truck drivers of space.

there have been major stalls in pushing mans boundaries beyond this planet. At one point man said leaving the atmosphere was impossible, but through concerted efforts and scientific leaps forward we orbited the globe. Then we were told that landing a man on the moon was nearly impossible, but we beat the impossible. We did all of his within a couple of decades.

To be honest the launching of probes into deep space and to explore mars for example should have been a precursor to manned travel to different destinations. Instead in a lot of ways we took the easy way out, we've lost our explorer spirit, and I'm not sure that putting it into the hands of private interests is the way to go. We really don't need the space program run by the tourist industries, or worse yet, reality T.V.

If we could go from launching rockets at each other to landing men on the moon in 30 years, think of where we should be now if we had continued on that concerted effort. I always hopped that I would see a man land on mars in my lifetime, now I believe that its very unlikely that it will happen before I die.

As far as Canada's role, as a country we're always going to be the passenger supplying technology for other countries to use, and that's fine, Canada is never going to land on another planet by themselves and plant the maple leaf while O'Canada plays on T.V.

I do find the Russian comments humorous. Maybe there needs to be another space race between Russia, the US and China.

Personally I don't think the ISS is the end goal that its become.

I think we need a better improved version of tang.

I think we need to step on another planet that has an atmosphere and water and might have potentially hosted a form of life.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote