View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #229
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
She's not the victim. Her son is the victim. And it was her job to protect him. As it was the job of every adult involved.

There's no condemnation here. I don't know this woman or what she did or didn't do.
First I completely disagree with your interpretation of victim.

If you don't think seeing your son come home crying, bloodied and having to go to the hospital for STD testing makes you a victim as well, I'm not sure we're on the same page at all. I'm sure this was traumatic for the mother feeling powerless to stop her son from being bullied - making her a victim.

But it's obvious to me now that you will blame anyone but Miller. It should have been obvious when you suggested that the victim and his family may not be telling the truth about receiving an apology but now we have:
  • It's Miller's parents fault
  • It's Ohio's fault for not having strong young offender confidentially.
  • It's the media's fault for giving his victim an outlet to speak about his bullying
  • It's the victim's parents' fault for not stopping it
  • It's Miller's undiagnosed autism that we pulled from our asses' fault
  • It's the justice system's fault because he could be liable civilly if he apologized.

Have I missed anything?

No wonder the guy doesn't feel the need to apologize, he probably has someone telling him it's everyone else's fault but his. Which I guess means we can that it's people like cannon7's fault as well...

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 10-27-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote