View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #329
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

The pandemic has kick started an idea I had for just over a year. Growing up in Calgary, working in O&G, I specifically went out looking for a downturn proof career. And basically have that. However, it is incredibly isolating, and I was working remote before this all started.

My new goal, is to have a “phased retirement”. I’m going to continue pushing through my job until I have cleared all my debts for school, and have padded some savings to cover income deduction. During that time I am going to take a few odd courses in things I have interest in, that are more nature and public related. I really want to work with people, all the time. I like people, even when they drive me nuts. And I like to see hands on results, which isn’t what I do now. I have two future career ideas in place, one more physical, and the second a bit less demanding. Neither pay what I would be making at my current job, but I don’t care about that anymore.

Essentially I don’t plan on ever retiring, I plan on doing something that I love nearing the second half of my adult life.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post: