View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #45
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
IMO Simmons' departure is the only one I am surprised by and disappointed in. I wonder if he has a significantly better offer from another club to be a consistent starter, for some reason it seemed Tommy never really leaned into him in midfield.

Bummed about Adekugbe leaving but I had a feeling he might shift from playing soccer to his music career, plus he was depth so I somewhat expected this.

Yao and Assi were loan players so it was always likely they wouldn't be back. Yao in particular, he's good enough for MLS and it's time to test that.

In an attempt to not #### on players, I will wish Di Chiara, Field, Novak, Norman best of luck wherever they end up. But I will state I am happy to see all four leave.
Thought Simmons had some potential but never seemed to really take hold as a starter like Loturi did when given the chance. Wouldn’t have minded to keep him, but I think players at his level are relatively plentiful.

Seems apparent to me this team has serious issues in the middle of the pitch, and starting over with just Charlie Trafford (and maybe Camargo?) and rebuilding the CM is a good opportunity to get it right and build this team right for this league. Team never looked quite right after losing Buscher and the Foothills advantage is long gone.

Yao is a huge loss, but expected. The others are largely depth players that I feel can be upgraded. I wouldn’t mind seeing Assi again, but Cavs have a ton of wing options as is. I’d be looking at Brown and Mavila if available, but a top box to box CM has to be priority 1, and a reliable stay at home CB to partner Klomp right after that.
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote