View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #358
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm not cheering for or against anyone. My argument is I don't think Tesla has done anything truly revolutionary that no other automaker will be able to match, once they decide things like battery costs have come down enough to make producing them across the lineup a profitable decision.

I don't think their auto driving capabilities are as grand as they say they are. I think their centre screen with no buttons is dumb, but I like tactile buttons and knobs, so maybe that's just a 'me' issue.

I do appreciate that they have taken massive risks and have been the ones to show that electric cars can be practical, and have decent enough range for most situations. But Musk needs to stop writing checks his engineers can't cash.
Weird, I wasn’t specifically directing my comment at you.

All new technology will eventually be matched and/or surpassed by someone else so that’s not exactly a hot take. I hope this is the case for Tesla. I really want to see the Honda’s and Toyota’s of the world put their minds and resources to pure EV vehicles and see what comes out of that.

I’ve come to appreciate the no buttons thing. Whenever I use a gas car now, I find the sea of buttons incredibly distracting. But maybe that’s just a ‘me’ issue.

Lastly, Tesla’s vehicles continue to improve... just not at the light speed as everyone hoped. To get to this point is quite remarkable as this has started something new in a rather technologically stagnant industry. Their engineers seem to have cashed quite a few of those cheques to date. I’m not dwelling on the outstanding ones.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post: