View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 07:52 AM   #341
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I don’t think this is how economics work.

Just because someone is willing to invest billions, doesn’t mean it will happen any time soon, or in time for the company doing all the heavy lifting to reap the benefits.

Google Ballard Fuel Cells. That’s awesome tech.

Not much of a business.
Uhh, according to Wikipedia, Ballad Power Systems has shipped 400MW of fuel cell products to date? Are you saying that is not much of a business?
Quote:
VANCOUVER, BC, Aug. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ - Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLDP) today announced that the Company's proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell technology and products have now powered Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles – or FCEVs – in commercial Heavy- and Medium-Duty Motive applications for an industry-leading cumulative total of more than 50 million kilometers on roads around the globe, an increase of over 5-times since 2017.

Ballard PEM fuel cell technology and products – with the 8th generation power module launched in 2019 – have been integrated for many years into FCEVs to provide zero-emission power for vehicle propulsion in 15 countries around the world. This includes approximately 1,000 Fuel Cell Electric Buses (FCEBs) and 2,200 commercial trucks. Approximately 70% of the more than 50 million kilometers has been achieved in FCEVs deployed in China, with the remaining vehicles deployed in Europe and North America.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301106099.html

Incapable of doing a google search yourself?

I also don't get your point. Should they shut down the business because you deem it not to be successful? Or continue researching and developing products while they have investors and customers that are interested?

Just a quick glance shows me that they are targeting one of the higher growth areas of 'cell' technology. Trains & mining trucks.

If you had bothered to do a google search on any of this, you'd notice that since the year 2000, train traffic has shifted towards being 60% electric. So whatever Ballard is doing, they are definitely targeting the correct customer.

Sounds like a great business to me. Looks like they have partnerships with some car manufacturers and power companies as well.

Exactly the type of innovation we need to get towards more renewable and clean energy sources. Good thing you are not in charge of any of this.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote