View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 05:17 PM   #52
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Hate to rain on the parade but Button had Linus Lindstrom ahead of Adam Fox and got persuaded by Jim Cummins to even take him
Fair enough, but this is why you build a team in the first place, not everyone has seen enough of one guy or believes in another, but so long as discussions can respectfully take place, then that’s a good environment. I actually give Button credit then for being flexible in that sense. I mean we’re talking about 3rd and 4th rounds here, drafts are generally crapshoots at this point. Nobody is going bat a thousand this deep into the draft.

What I will say is, the amateur scouts, relatively speaking have done a good job compared to the pro scouts. That’s where I don’t pull punches, because the pro scouting team has siphoned an incredible number of resources (picks) from the amateur group, only to piss them away on mediocre plays. Then the amateur scouts are stuck with a lot less to work with and yet, are still expected to hit bullseyes and to their credit, they’ve done that.

I think if the situation was in reverse and the Flames ended up accumulating picks and rebuilding, the Flames would be a lot further ahead than they are now and that’s sort of how make my judgement on both sides.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote