View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 09:52 AM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
This is the new normal for NHL starting goalies: Fewer regular season games in hopes that they will be in better condition for a long playoff run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
True true

Based on this then you would have thought the Tampa GM would do a better job negotiating this contract down. In my opinion he did not do a very good job in this regard.
Okay fine, I agree with Textcritic that the League is trending that way, but I also fully agree with Hendog.

How can you afford a solid 51/31 tandem if one of those guys is hauling in $9.5M?

People constantly wonder why goaltenders, a very, very important position, consistently get paid less than superstar forwards, in my opinion its because the Goaltending position has to be shared by a minimum of 2 players now.

A superstar forward is a superstar forward and similar importance is in net but you need 2-3 guys to solidify that part of the roster using the same slice of cash.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: