View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 12:18 AM   #227
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
What relative stats? Are you talking about relative Corsi? That's a really flawed stat that doesn't paint a clear picture and that is totally outweighed by CA/min and especially xGA/min

Last year, much like this year, Lindholm was the Flames' worst PKer, followed by, yes, Ryan, who was pretty close to Hath, with Backlund and Janko being the best.

I think Ryan struggled at times last year because iirc he played with lindholm on the PK a lot, but I could be wrong about that. Janks I think really started to struggle once Hathaway was taken away from him.

Common denominators: Backlund good, Lindholm bad. But Ryan has really come into his own this year
Last year, Ryan and Lindholm only spent 7:33 together on the PK. Ryan's most common linemate by far was Hathaway who he spent 106:28 with.

Janks, on the other hand, only played 3:07 on the PK with Hathaway. His most common linemate by far was Lindholm who he spent 100:10 with which is ultra confusing because his numbers were way better than Lindholm's. With Lindholm, their xGA/60 was 6.01. In the 49:37 Janko spent away from Lindholm, his xGA/60 was an incredible 3.99.

Same thing this year. Janko and Lindholm spent 88:45 together, in which case they had an xGA/60 of 7.57, SCA/60 of 57.46 and HDCA/60 of 26.37 but in the 24:21 Janko spent away from Lindholm, his xGA/60 was 6.64, SCA/60 was 49.28, and his HDCA/60 was 17.25.

So I think we're both kinda wrong lol because looking at that, maybe Janko really is a good PK'er but is being dragged down by Lindholm
AustinL_NHL is online now   Reply With Quote