View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #41
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple5 View Post
Alot of good notes in this thread.

If you want your item sold the number one thing to do is price it to sell. Dont knock $50 off your $500 3 year old item. No one will buy it for that.

Price it to sell, then wait, keep re-posting the add or changing the amount slightly and it will sell if its priced well.

I price items at the value I would be willing to drive somewhere to pick up and pay cash for.

The worst as a seller is when you have posted honest pictures and description and negotiated a price and the guy or gal comes and tries to lowball you on site.

I have had that happen 3 times, twice it was at a neutral location and I just told the guy, this is the price, I told you all the flaws/defects etc and sent you pictures via the phone in case you thought they were old pictures. Take it or leave it, I dont need your $150 that bad to be fkd like I am in prison.

The other time a woman came to my house to buy a used central vac hose and brush etc. She knew the model, age, and pictures and wanted 1/2 of what we originally agreed on which wasnt the list price. I told her no and closed the garage door. She knocked on the door and upped her price to 3/4 of what we agreed on and I ranted on her for a while until she left.
I did that to a guy for hockey tickets. I was already selling below face value and we had agreed to a price. He got there and knocked $20 off his offer. So I countered with face value. He offered me the original agreed upon price. I said no and countered with $10 more.

After much arguing and feeling stupid for doing the exchange at my house I got the $10 extra. It felt good but wasn't really worth it.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: