View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #908
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Only now? That's a shame, it's an excellent spirit. One of my favorites.

On another note, I've been getting into Irish Whiskeys recently. They are definitely a bit sweeter and less complex in flavor, but still very tasty. A step above American whiskies still. My favorite so far is Redbreast, but I'm open to hearing some new suggestions.
Yeah, Irish whiskeys aren't as complex, but they're easy sipping and feels a lot more casual which is nice at times.

I've been a fan of Writer's tears copper pot since I stumbled upon a mini bottle of it in Canmore more than 5 years or so ago. One of the flavour notes IMO is indeed tears. This flavour note is usually quite apt during periods of contemplation and concentration so I often like have a little of it while reading or writing.

The "tears" flavour isn't as weird as it sounds. To me it's kinda like a much weaker salt/iodine/seaweed like flavour that one would attribute to Laphroaig, but it doesn't really taste like a dilution of that flavour profile. Oddly, I don't think I've ever seen a review mention that there's a reminiscence of tears when drinking this stuff. However, I have read a few other reviews that they like the name and that they too enjoy sipping the stuff while reading a book and whatnot.

Last edited by DoubleF; 04-24-2021 at 10:03 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: