View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #1170
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well. Everytime this thread was bumped I had a hard time coming into the thread because I knew it would eventually be my turn.

This morning I said good by to Boris. My best friend of the last 9 years. Not young, but not old either. He had been sick for about a year with hepatitis, but an infection took him over in the last few days and yesterday he had some blood in his stool and vomit. I took him to emergency and he died 10 hours later.

I took him home when he was 8 weeks old and raised him myself. He was my first dog. I always wanted a one when we were kids, but I'm glad my parents didn't get us one so I could eventually find Boris and make him my own. He really was the greatest dog. Everyone who met him loved him. He was gentle and quiet only ever wanted to give crazy amounts of kisses. People would marvel at how well trained he was, but in reality, he made me look like a genius. He was always super easy to train even from the day I brought him home. I truly don't think I would ever be able to find a dog like him again so I'm probably a one and done dog owner.

As a single guy living in a city away from my family and core friends, he really is the closest piece of family I've had for a long time. I will miss him dearly every day.