View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #710
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I did Helen Lake this weekend and it was really beautiful and just a fantastic hike. It’s a bit of a drive (about 33km from Lake Louise on the Icefields Parkway). It’s about 6km to the lake and another couple kms up a ridge, but totally worth it and not that difficult. We saw a number of kids and getting to the lake was not overly strenuous.

I also did Crypt Lake a couple weeks ago and that was excellent, as advertised! I think next year we’ll aim to do the “triple crown” in Waterton as we really enjoyed it down there. We also hiked Bertha Falls, which was much easier and way shorter, but the views and sights were amazing. I’ll try to post some pics...because having a hiking thread with no/few images is a bit lame!

I have come to the point where I need new boots though. Mine are pretty old and have a lot of miles on them. I can’t remember which model now, but they’re Vasque and my second pair. I’m looking for a good boot with a wide toe box and looking around online I haven’t really come to anything at this point. If anyone has some feedback or suggestions, that would be great!
Make any marmot friends at Helen Lake? It's a nice trail.

Did you have to take a ferry across to/from waterton to access the Crypt Lake trailhead? Was curious as to how that works.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote