View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 11:47 AM   #73
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't help wonder if the Nets are leaking the Udoka rumours intentionally to see just how bad the pushback would be if they did it. Certainly within media circles, it's hard to imagine a harsher reception to the idea. I've seen articles from respected, level-headed NBA journalists with words like soulless, shameless, disgraceful today.

I also think it just puts your organization in such a vulnerable position. Unless the Celtics made available the full scope of their internal investigation and that there's nothing severely damaging, they'd be in the awful position of knowing at any time, someone in the Celtics org could just leak some salacious details and bring all of those issues up to the surface again. I'm not saying the Celtics would intentionally do that as an organization. Would some employee though go rogue and do that? If your the Nets, I don't know how you put yourself in that position. It's not like Billups where these are 20-year-old rumours that nobody really has an interest in leaking.

So maybe you successfully cover up the current Kyrie news with these Udoka rumours, and then pivot from Udoka to someone like Snyder, and everyone gives you credit for not doing the insane thing.

But Woj says this is going to get announced tomorrow, and he seems pretty tied into Udoka's camp based on the way he reported the original story.

Last edited by octothorp; 11-02-2022 at 04:40 PM.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post: