View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #31
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I'm not rushing to defend a dude. I have no horse in this race. But the perspective I am coming from is that if for some reason I had the same incident where my wife and I had an argument and I did something terrible, I would hope that after taking care of the legal process I would not have to also deal with repercussions from my employer for something that is outside of my work duties.

I certainly acknowledge the public aspect of these athletes. But I just don't agree with such severe consequences for something that has nothing to do with his job. The NHL does plenty to tarnish its own reputation, does this guy really need to miss a third of a season and quite a bit of income because of an event like this? I am not trying to minimize domestic violence, but it is also equally possible to go overboard in light of the 'me too' movement and the increased attention to these topics.

Whats the scale on this? Push a wife and its 5 games? Punch her its 20? Break a bone and its a season? The league has a hard enough time getting consistency on game related discipline. Not sure this is an area they will handle too well either.
How about zero tolerance? Why do we need a sliding scale depending on the size of the wound?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: