View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #15
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will echo the goaltending concern, but for me it's about a succession plan to Mike Smith. I have no doubts that Smith will give us solid netminding again this year, and I'm very confident that either one of Gillies or Rittich will give us solid backup play.

For me it's about what happens next year, and the year after that. I really want to see some progress from our goalie prospects in terms of resembling a quality starter. I see it as only somewhat likely from Gillies at this point, and Rittich has a little better chance at it based on his consistency in the AHL. What I wonder is how Parsons looks this year compared to last. Is there clear progress? Will he be dominant in the AHL or simply be OK in that league?

You could probably squeeze another quality year out of Smith after this one, but we'll need something in terms of a plan after this season, otherwise you'll have to see another free agent acquisition or a trade. I would much rather prefer the young development route for cost certainty purposes.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote