View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #19
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you have a subscription to the Athletic, Lebrun asked Fehr about it: https://theathletic.com/3008211/2021...nors-meetings/

Here's a snippet:
Quote:
At this point in time, the Olympics are still a go, NHLPA executive director Don Fehr told The Athletic Thursday afternoon.

“My assumption is that you always have a series of problems with respect to an event like this and those things are complicated by COVID obviously and they’re still being worked out,’’ Fehr said over the phone from Toronto. “We’re in frequent communication with the players, with the IIHF (and) I expect it’s certainly possible we will be directly (in touch) with the IOC, and we’ll see what develops. Our target date for making a decision, the initial date under the agreement, is not until Jan. 10. But you know, unless and until someone says otherwise, I’m going to assume we’re going to be there.’’

There are a few issues the NHLPA would like to get more clarity on from IOC and IIHF officials, including what happens to a player at the Olympics if he tests positive for COVID-19 with regards to the logistics and procedures of that player’s quarantine. How long would he be kept out?

“Sure, players have questions about that and we don’t have final answers yet,’’ Fehr said. “We don’t even have the ‘playbook’ from the IOC with all the rules and regulations. We expect that soon, but we haven’t seen it.’’