View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #145
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Not a bad player but prices are getting totally out of hand. Also... I know Watford is small, I like everton and goodison park a lot but wtf are players doing going to a club like Everton from another prem team, to me, outside of the big 6 clubs jockeying around the other premier league teams almost seems pointless, totally lateral moves. Zero chance of winning the league and the wage structure for most of those clubs is not that different. Top earner at Watford is on 70k a week and they just came up, if you're a good player at any non-top 6 club you're going to top out around 100k a week unless you're a legend. I know Rooney makes 150 but if Watford stay up for a few seasons their top earners will all be on 100-120. All the income is in TV money now and there's increasingly less between all the clubs that are outside of europe.

Maybe Watford didn't see him as meriting a pay increase? Or he realized he could get more house for his money in Liverpool? Obviously his agent's cut of the transfer fee is what did it.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote