View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I don't mind such a question but appreciate the comment V

There is such thing as sellers rights. If you think you have a potential buyer, inform your realtor and you will put down the names of these potential buyers. A pre set arrangement will be in place should one of these buyers actually buy.
It wouldnt be 7 & 3 if you think you have a guy. Worst case scenario, you ask a realtor to take their half (3.5/1.5) to represent the buyer and you act as a private seller. You could also ask a realtor to fascilitate the transaction at a reduced fee.
Each realtor has their own ways - I had someone contact me the other night whom had already viewed a property and wanted to write an offer. Finding the property is a small portion of the actual work involved. The general public do not see the fine details behind the scene and the fact that hiring a realtor protects them from numerous potential issues that could end up in court. I gave the guy a verrrrrry small break as we worked something out and proceeded with writing the offer. 24 hours later we ended up getting a deal that was more than he thought could be had.
I see it all the time where someone feels they "saved" on commissions but in reality, they took a haircut on their sale price or paid too much. I know there are members on this site whom I have sold their house and we sold for more than they ever thought possible. The higher sale price was more than enough to cover the commissions when they looked at discount/cheaper options to sell.
At the end of the day, if you have someone who wants to buy and is ready to put pen to paper on a offer and cheque, your lawyer should be able to guide you through it for a slightly higher fee. Just be warned, if I got $10 for every person who told me they wanted to buy a property and backed out I would have retired by now!

Good luck with the sale!

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post: