View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM   #11
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got caught up on the first 2 episodes. Very happy they expanded the "Before the Drop" segment into exploring the behind the scenes stuff they do to prep for the season. Always wanted a deeper look into how they operate.

Food already seems more plentiful than previous seasons. The two people who have tried fishing are seeing results, and it looks like there is lots of game roaming around. It would be nice to see a bit more of a marathon season where we have multiple people pushing 80 or 90 days and it becomes about will instead of starvation.

My favorite part of the series is shelter construction, and so far only one participant is starting with a long-term shelter approach. Cade losing his entire quiver of arrows is devastating. With a wife and young child at home, which always spells doom for contestants, I would say his days are limited. I also snickered when he said it wasn't a contest of starvation, as if he hadn't watched any of the previous 9 seasons.

My first impression choice is Wyatt to win. I'm probably picking him just because I like his personality and approach, but he's my early bet. I think he can conquer the mental game. If Lee can stay dry on his raft I think he's got a hell of a shot, but the guy is already skin and bones. A few more people seem to have packed on a gut to start off, something that has worked in the past for a few folks.

Good start.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: