View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #196
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is something I've been thinking about more and more. Ignoring the autonomous aspect and just looking at electric transitions I think it is something we(as Albertans) need to be very concerned with. We have just seen how a very small disturbance in the supply/demand balance can devastate our economy. I'm kind of amazed at how many in this thread have missed that. We don't need a total transition to electric to be a threat, just a few percent change. So will that be in 10 years? 15? We know it is coming, it is just the time frame that is uncertain.
Spoiler!

It's coming and it's coming fast. Personally, as someone in the oil industry, I find myself thinking what happens in 15 years? What is our plan? As a province 2030 is not that far off to be making long term strategic plans for. Expecting oil to continue to be the most affordable fuel for all days from now to forever is foolhardy. We may experience a price bounce in the next decade oil back to $100, or $150 as the less developed world continues its trajectory, but it will be short lived.

Like I said, a small imbalance is all it takes to devastate Alberta. That's not conjecture, it's fact. It would be nice if we prepared for it.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: