View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #56
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

After what we saw last year, I think Gulutzan has proven that his system and special teams aren’t the problem here. It’s very obvious that the players are the problem at the moment. They’re capable of so much more but certain players who are taking too many penalties right now are throwing the team out of rhythm. Also, this team doesn’t appear to be 100% in sync right now as you can see the passes are slightly off, shots are going way wide and players and team is icing the puck way too often.

If there’s one person who I will be critical of right now and it may not be popular because of how good of a job he’s done. But Brad Treliving and co are focusing on the wrong attributes. This whole playing an edge thing and truculence and competitiveness are all great, but what about team speed? This team is being lapped by faster teams and it’s so obvious that half this roster can’t seem to keep up. It’s like the game plan goes out the window because they’re constantly chasing the play and turning the puck over from the pressure. Management needs to change their mentality because I can see this story unfolding over and over and over again and this forum will be like a broken record.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote