Thread: Hot Sauces
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #47
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I would counter with buying some Lao Gan Ma chilli oil. Stuff is amazingly delicious and goes on almost everything I eat. I eat about a jar a month.

Spoiler!

Just make sure you buy the right one. Lao Gan Ma is just the brand. If you go to T&T there's like 3+ variations in a container that looks almost identical to each other.

I believe there's at least chili crisp, chili oil, chili oil with bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Tons of good ones listed in this thread already that I like.

I would just add that I used to laugh at Franks Red Hot being a "hot sauce", but the extra hot Franks Red Hot is actually really good. Pleasantly surprised.

Can I piggy back and talk about salsa too? Most commercial salsas kinda suck, and never come close to the stuff you get at authentic Mexican restaurants. Anyone have tips to get some in Calgary?
Franks on wings with parmesan is pretty good. It also is a combo that works well with honey garlic. Often when I go out to eat wings, if I'm eating saucy rather than a dry wing, I'll ask for hot (Franks) and the parmesan shaker or I'll ask for honey hot (Honey Garlic + hot).

As others mentioned regarding salsa, are you actually referring to Pico de Gallo? As mentioned, Costco has a pretty good one for a good price. I personally do not like the peach or mango one though.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: