View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 02:50 PM   #1962
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
"Educate People".

Come on, this is silly. There are a lot of health things that come up and need attention in a day or two. Having family doctors tell you "cool, I've got you in 4 weeks from now" is exactly the problem. Previously, there used to be capacity to drop in for the more pressing stuff.

Some people overflowing emergency are idiots for sure, but we have nothing in place to filter the idiots.

Things like swabbing for strep at pharmacies (education should be part of this, people need to know it exists) are fantastic and we should look to expand on the use of pharmacists, nurse practitioners and maybe actually address the family doctor shortage some time soon.
Yeah. My kid gets croup if he gets a bad cold. It's happened 3 times in his life, and every time a steroid prescription solved the issue. But it gets really bad, to the point where he can't breathe, which is pretty scary as a parent.

The third time was last weekend. Family doc says come in 2 weeks. Untreated there's a non-zero chance he'd be dead by then. Waiting until his lips turn blue to go the ER doesn't seem like the right choice either.

Actually ended up getting a prescription (same meds as last time) from our pharmacist (who is awesome). So he's back at school today and doing great.

But if we didn't have a good pharmacist who was willing to do that over the weekend I'd have absolutely taken him to the children's.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: