View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Problem with Bell receiver

I know there are some Bell experts on the site (hi Ken).
So I just moved into a new house. Dish is already mounted from the previous tennants, friends of mine, they had an HD 6242 that worked fine. I'm in the process of purchasing a 6100 but in the meantime am just using an old SD 4100. I've been having all sorts of problems with it. Channels seem to come and go. eg. one day TSN will work fine, the next it will give me "Error #2: Your Satellite Signal is temporarily unavailable". I will try un screwing the cable and unplugging then TSN will be back but Sportsnet or some other channels will be gone when I boot back up.

I have a feeling this has something to do with not being able to lock into a transponder. Even though the system is telling me I'm locked in, each time I return to the Point Dish screen it is on a different transponder than the one I chose. (eg I lock it on 25, when I go back in it is on 30 and not locked with a weaker signal) Any ideas why?

Also when that error #2 comes up it gives me this info (using tsn)
Channel: 400
Satellite: 91
Transponder: 24

Why transponder 24? I'm locking to 25, the sytem is telling me 30. Where is the 24 coming from?

Hopefully one of you guys can help me figure this out. I know the dish is pointed fine. I've seen ot work with the 6242.

Thanks