View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #50
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
Yes, if the moderator has found both findable Oilers fans they should definitely reveal it. Why was that even a question? You clearly understood this to be correct, with the correct rationale too boot.

You did make a mistake in saying there is no point in revealing villager checks. That is still good info, and the moderator themself being town can become good info as well.

I am not certain the exact threshold where a reveal should be made in this setup, but it is a given that there is one. Almost certainly we should not be making a lynch-or-lose vote without a revealed moderator.
Fair point on the villager checks - if the moderator had made a bunch of confirmed townie checks that would also be good information to have at some point. I don't think I'd like to see a reveal without an oiler fan unless there are maybe 4 confirmed townies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Cut the Mod talk,

By speculating who the Mod is you reveal clues of if you are or aren’t the Mod.

Biz should know this so it feels like Mod fishing
Disagree. I don't think talking mod strategy reveals whether one is the mod or not. Maybe one of HG, myself, or SebC is the mod and is using the discussion to divert suspicion. On the other hand, if the mod role happened to go to someone who is new to the game, the discussion potentially provides strategic upside to us, as maybe it makes the mod more effective.

I also think more conversation is generally better, more posts for the mafia to slip up over, and a bigger trail for later review.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote