Thread: [News] Flames recall Gillies
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #38
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
No way in hell, Gillies has never shown that he can play in the NHL. Not last night, not during the preseason and not last year. Hate to break it to you guys, Gillies will likely never live up to what we had hoped he would turn in to.

If Smith isn't ready, I would call up Rittich and see if he at least looks competent. If he's as piss poor as the other two, then I think priority #1 for Treliving is to go out and get a decent back up.
Really though what has Lack done to show that he's more capable than Gillies at this point? I don't think the Flames chances of winning change much as all going to Gillies but I do agree that Rittich should have been the call-up in the first place. The reason I feel Rittich would have been better is that he's older than Gillies and more seasoned and the fact is that regardless of who is backing up Smith they aren't going to play a lot so I would rather have Gillies taking the full load in Stockton continuing his development and Rittich as the guy playing sparingly in the NHL.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote