View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 01:42 PM   #4678
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, just trying to decide if any big further gains will ever show up, or if it's worth reclaiming space...I should probably offload the Colecovision and Atari cartridges that are worth anything, they probably aren't going to gain much more value. Haven't actually looked thorugh what I have in years, though.
It appears that there's a window where a console and it's games hit peak nostalgia for people getting old enough to relive their childhood. In the last couple years the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox generation has seen big increases. Eventually it'll move on to the Wii/PS3/360 generation.

I'd say sell if you're wanting to clear up space, because that window will continue to move and there's no guarantee the older stuff will hold that value. There will always be exceptions (cult classics and timeless classics won't lose value) but your average game will probably depreciate after the window is past.

I've tracked my collection's pricing for a long time, both for personal reference and for insurance purposes. My SNES games are generally going down in price lately, but my GBA games are through the roof lately.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post: