Thread: Pokemon Go
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:54 AM   #2540
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’d say I average a couple hours a day of pretty active play. These days with it being cold I don’t walk nearly as much as I did in the summer. Now it’s mostly raiding and gyms and catching with my plus while we go around knocking stuff down.

I came to the game late. Played a bit in 2016 when it launched, but didn’t even hit 20 then. Picked it back up around Gen 2 launch and been playing a lot since.

I tend to really try to min/max when I play games, so I really heavily base my play around events. Almost all (99%) of the evolutions I’ve ever done have been during double exp with a lucky egg. Sometimes we hit 2 legendary raids in a 30 minute window and do them with a lucky egg going for 40k exp, but I haven’t gone too crazy with raids.

My brother and I generally play in the deep SE in the Mckenzie Towne area. When we venture elsewhere we generally go to the reservoir near Glenmore Landing. Lots of stops and spawns there. Sometimes downtown.

My total experience right now is just over 12.3 million. I think if I do things right I can get 5 million during this event. Since I’m not working I can afford to play during the day. I plan to do my 500 or so evolutions once double experience starts, then clear out all that storage space and go to cross iron mills to grind more evolution trash. There are around 30 stops and gyms in the mall, and it spawns craploads of common Pokémon. If I can get anywhere near exhausting my candy supply I’ll consider it a success. Have around 5500 pidgey candy and several thousand for every other common.

It’ll all be about how many commons I can grind. 5500 pidgey candy is 1.1 million exp just from evolutions at 2000 per, since the evolution gives 1 candy, then transferring gives 1 more. But in the process of catching 550 pidgeys, I’d collect another 1650 candy, worth 330k more exp. catching 550 pidgeys with my go plus would be another 330k exp, assuming a lucky egg running at all times. Same goes for all the other commons, in lesser quantities.

I’ve put way too much thought into this.

Last edited by Aegypticus; 11-20-2017 at 01:00 AM.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post: