View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 11:29 AM   #419
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Yes, let's all blindly trust US intelligence agencies when it comes to an adversary. Maybe they'll find those WMDs in Iraq one of these days.

And even if one is naive enough to take them all at their word, why haven't the others changed their position? And why is the DoE's assessment only "low confidence"? The answer most likely is, because they don't actually know a whole lot. But if I have to pick between the experts in the field on the one hand, and US intelligence agencies on the other, I'll defer to the former every time. And their position is that both theories are plausible, but current evidence leans towards natural origin.

You couldn't even be bothered to look up the list of intelligence agencies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ence_Community
If there was a major nerve gas leak that originated around a testing facility in Baghdad just prior to the US's accusations, I'd be a lot more inclined to believe them.

I don't see why we can't have an open discussion about the origins of Covid without resorting to accusations of conspiracy theory. The circumstances surrounding the initial outbreak and China's behaviour afterwards are both extremely shady.

Also, you don't need genetic tampering of any kind to hold China responsible for this. If they found a very dangerous naturally occurring virus, bred, concentrated, and then accidentally released it into a large population centre, they're still at fault, even if they didn't design the virus themselves.

Also, can we keep the discussion on topic. This isn't a thread about vaccines.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: