View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 03:39 PM   #409
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
There's no evidence
I want to start by saying this is in no way an issue confined to your post, Opendoor, and more of a general observation.

Throughout the last decade, and especially during the Trump presidency, people have said “there’s no evidence” with regard to far too many things for which there is a lot of evidence.

These statements are a different version of “you’re biased”, as though anyone is entirely neutral, or that’s something to aspire to in the first place.

Furthermore, the idea of evidence makes things feel like a courtroom. This is a
Message board.

“I haven’t been shown anything that I find convincing, and here’s why.”

“Where are you getting this information?”

“I find this argument compelling for these reasons.”

This is all very general stuff - more specifically as it relates to the coronavirus, we have a virus lab, studying the coronavirus that rampaged across the globe, but the origin is actually from a wet market in the same city?

That seems convenient, based on the poetry of the situation if nothing else.

I’m just a lowly history grad - I’m not a virologist. But does it even matter if the virus wasn’t “modified” to be more virulent?

It’s a coronavirus - before 2020, there had never been a successful coronavirus vaccine. It didn’t need to be modified, it would do that on its own.

I am willing to buy that improper safety processes at the lab resulted in this escaping. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable possibility.

The more conspiratorial side of me wonders about this being a trial run for a worse biological attack, but overall I think the effects have been far too devastating to the CCP internally to justify doing it with more malicious intent. I don’t know if it was Nixon or Kissinger or someone else who said “it’s difficult to negotiate with a country who thinks in terms of dynasties.”

China plays the long game. Empires rise and fall, and China endures. However, the CCP, like all communist regimes, is built on lies. Each lie incurs a debt to the truth, and eventually that debt is always paid.

If you want to say it’s not a lab leak, I have no interest telling you you’re wrong.

If you think the coronavirus escaped from a lab that happens to study coronaviruses and be located in the same City as the wet market it supposedly came from, well, you may have been on to something.

I might’ve lost the plot by now, so I’ll stop.

In any event, it’s the simple acts of kindness and love that keep the darkness at bay, so everyone do a little more of that.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post: