View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 12:20 AM   #1200
ikaris
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
That reason is human beings are poor assessors of low risks.
As time has progressed, we learn more about the vaccines. We've learned there is a cardiovascular risk especially for men under 40, especially under 25. Now we're learning about a possible indicator related to hearing loss. If you're a healthy person that falls under that category, and also considering the value of natural immunity, I think it's a valid opinion to consider if the vaccine is appropriate under the current circumstances based on personal health situations.

Again, when the risk of COVID is extremely low for a healthy person with Omicron, these issues should be considered as part of informed consent. When I chose to get vaccinated, the risk of the initial strain, and delta seemed to help justify that decision. Now, absolutely not for me personally. Hence why i would not take a booster based on having COVID in December.

All I'm saying is that mandates don't make any more sense and the let's move on from the federal ones.

Are cases creeping up again? ya, they are; who cares. BA.2 clearly seems even less harmful while more transmissible. I hope we don't see aggressive and nonsense restrictions when we should be focusing on protecting those at risk and move on otherwise.
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote