View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #811
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Smart strategy for the NDP, their brand in Alberta is toxic as it should be and she's struck all the right notes lately in the fight for our industry. I know she's certainly gone up a lot in my books lately, enough that I might actually have to think about who to vote for in the spring which I would have never thought possible in 2016.
My only issue in the election will be pipelines and who will do the best job getting us one. As much as I like the mental image of Kenney getting tough on Trudeau and ####face Horgan I'll admit I don't know if it's the best strategy to get pipe built, Notley seems to have a lot of capital with Trudeau. What I'm worried about is the double standard of judgement we're Notley plays the slow and steady game maybe without enough urgency to get noticed by Ottawa or the rest of the country, but then Kenney comes on the scene getting aggressive and suddenly Alberta is seen as "throwing a tantrum" or other bullcrap. Kenney has the high potential to piss off Trudeau and some premiers, but also a better chance at cobbling together a revolt coalition with Sask and Ontario. It'll be interesting, but with all the elections and uncertainty going in to next year I don't see any positive results for Alberta and the country, it'll be a ####ty year with no new pipelines and the same old song and dance.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote