View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #508
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I feel like the Lightning decided trolling people like me (convinced they were going to win the Cup) would be more satisfying than winning the cup. They were winning at a rate in the regular season we haven't seen in this league in a long time and looked as sure a thing as we have seen in ages. I can understand losing in a 7 game grueling series or even maybe 6 games but to get swept by the 8th seed is something I still can't fully comprehend as it just doesn't make sense.
It does if you properly factor into consideration the competition. One of the reasons I was pretty confident that CBJ was not simply going to roll over in this series is because they are a really good team with balance, depth and excellent goaltending. It didn't matter much that they finished in 8th place, and I think had Tampa played Montreal or Carolina that they would still be playing.

There is no mystery here. The outcome is surprising to those who neglected to see how much better a team Columbus is than their record. They were a dangerous draw in the first round because all year they have looked like there was more to give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: