View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #1263
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
S3E2 Good - that opening crash sequence was pretty awesome, and I will never get tired of watching Starfleet get what it deserves for not inventing seatbelts

S3E2 Bad - the same VFX team that brought the thrilling opening crash sequence to life was also responsible for the Babylon 5 quality parasitic ice?

S3E2 Ugly - 1,168 years from now, alien mining technology is exactly the same as ours! they've still got these kicking around on a planet where the ground literally eats equipment at nighttime:

also, of course Space Negan is going to come back and make them pay for their silly Federation ethics of sparing his life.

Yup, they went back to the "crash space ship into a planet" well. I had to wonder, how did they travel 1000 years, and end up directly in front of a planet. Space is pretty empty. Like, really empty. What are the odds of that happening?

The episode in general was quite enjoyable though. Probably because it lacked Burnham.

And ya, Space Negan is obviously going to get revenge. I mean, he said "I'm going to kill you and your family." "Oh, ok, here, have a bag, go take a walk."

Unfortunately with the big rescue, we get to spend the next few episodes with Burnham explaining every detail of the future to us, since she now has a year in it. Instead of "Discovery" we get her just telling us everything. Expect them to go to that one often. "In the year I was alone, I found out yadayadyada and it solves this problem we have". Ugh.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote