View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I have two ebikes. One is a RadRover (fat bike) and one is a Sondors Fold X.

The RadRover - presumably because of resistance due to the fat tires and weight - can give me a great workout. I use pedal assist five (maximum) on the way to work so I don't get super sweaty and I use assist two on the way home and can really get my heartrate going. I pedal as fast as I can to try to set a new record every day, which is really fun.

The Sondors Fold X is also fun, but not as comfortable for commuting. I do take it with me on vacation and camping because it's so easy to transport. Literally folds up into nothing and I can throw it in my vehicle without taking up any space.

I've started letting my daughter ride the Sondors now that she's 14 and has been driving so she knows the rules of the road. My wife rides it sometimes as well and we've gone on some really fun rides just the two of us. My wife is 5'3" and I'm 6'4" and the Fold is comfortable for both of us as it's super adjustable.

The Rad bike feels higher quality than the Sondors, so I'd recommend that if you're looking in that price range, but I do love them both. The Sondors has smaller diameter wheels, so feels torqueier unless you upgrade the Rad. I did just add a new controller, display and motor from www.boltonebikes.com and the Rad will basically climb up a wall now, so that's pretty cool.

Anyway, as a fun mode of transportation I don't think they can be beat. It's so awesome using the bike pathways on a motorized vehicle. They're like a warp zone for getting around while you have a great time. I've had the Sondors for three years and the RadRover since January and I'll never get tired of them.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: