Old 10-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #29
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is it? Back on the 15th they said this:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...eats-1.5765042

To me that sounds like the government is not stopping the RCMP form doing their jobs, and the RCMP are the negligent ones here.
That is 100% a great example of Justin Trudeau passing the buck.

I had indicated that it is the province that would set the policing priorities, but the ocean is federal jurisdiction. So not quite sure who gives direction in that case, maybe it would be the federal government.

I think it is very possible that the RCMP were directed to stand back, especially in the current climate of police hate and social media

The RCMP would very likely have sat down at a high level, in this case possibly even with federal ministers, due to the jurisdiction and were probably told not to intervene unless things got out of hand, which they have, and now the police are stepping in.

Trudeau is as greasy as they come, well evidenced by his willingness to bold face lie about every weekly scandal he has, him pinning this on the RCMP is par for the course and very much a calculated move based on current police sentiment

To be clear, my opinion is that there should have been action taken much sooner, and that the inaction is not the sole fault of the RCMP, and that sentiment that the RCMP is a broken or ineffectual organization are mostly based on uninformed opinions.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post: