View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #35
emti
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey guys,

Figured I'd chime in here with the other CP'ers looking for work. I am a 25 y/o Finance & Accounting Business grad from UBC. I worked the past 2.5 years in the Accounting and Commercial Real Estate Industry but quit my job in September to travel South America for 4 months. Like many of you I have struggled to find any work since I got back in early January. I have kept a spreadsheet and since January 11th, have applied for 39 jobs - 9 rejections, 7 initial interviews, 5 of which the position has now been put on hold due to COVID and 23 which I haven't heard from. I have been extremely selective as to what I apply for and haven't bothered to apply for any jobs I am not qualified for, so basically applying for EL or Associate level positions.

Figured I'd use CP as another resource if anyone knows or their company is looking for a younger, greener level employee with experience in the finance, accounting and real estate industries.

Times are tough but we will eventually bounce back! So for the fellow job searchers, I know how you all feel and how frustrating it is. Keep at it though CP
emti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emti For This Useful Post: