View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Dear Diary (I joke)

I decided to stop for the day, I put in a couple of hours on my search.

So far statistically

After today, I have applied for 20 positions, I applied for 3 today, and saved another 4 that I'm going to evaluate.

I guess I'm impatient, I heard back from one that I wasn't being considered, but it was a major stretch. I had to write an assessment on another one both in terms of problem solving and personality.

I know that I've only been unemployed for 2 business days (Friday and Monday), and its a new normal that companies are scrambling. Hopefully I hear back from some of these opportunities.

I've completed the other things that I need to do, submitted my EI application, though I won't have a ROE until next Thursday. But I should be ok without it with a bit of a struggle for about 2 months or so.

I've cut back on a lot of things on my budget.

So why am I calling it quits today after 2 hours and only 3 applications? Because it just feels tough and almost futile now, I'll get back at it tomorrow after looking at the three or 4 saved positions.

For you that are looking, sorry to be a bummer.

Oka tip to maybe help. In the last few days I've gotten the question, I'm applying on linkedin and on indeed and it puts my resume into their ATS. Is a cover letter really necessary?

My answer might be old school but yes. Its a selling document, it allows you to match your experience to requirements and try and sell yourself. Its also in my mind important to customize your cover letter to the opportunity. I think I'll put in an example. As always any tips or feedback is great.

Example

Quote:
Dear ******** Team;

Please accept this application and my attached CV as an indication of my interest in the Client Success Manager role that you posted on Indeed. I feel that my abilities and experience would make me a strong candidate for this role.
Of interest to your organization:
· I have demonstrated strong communication, demonstration and Account/Client Management skills with a track record of success.
· A strong history of building trusted advisor relationships with a varied client base by building a strong value proposition.
· A history of using strong ROI proposals to assist clients in making changes.
· A strong understanding of SaaS benefits based on my work with ******** and **********.
· I have vast experience in selling and working with account resources and connecting clients with their best resources.
· I have demonstrated a solid foundation of end to end client engagements and I want to bring that skill set to your organization.
· I have strong problem-solving skills and selling skills.
· I have proven skills in terms of developing proposals and written responses.
· I have strong communications and presentation skills.
· I have exceptional people and communication skill set and have shown a strong ability to work with others in a business environment.
I am particularly interested in your posted position as it is a strong match to my experience and skill set.
I'd like to meet with you to discuss adding value to your organization as I've done for my previous employers. Should you wish to contact me before then, I can be reached via cell phone at ********** or by email at **********.
Sincerely,

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote