View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #201
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy View Post
I don't believe this is about greed. I think it is about sticking it to the white man.
Well, from past articles prior to the vote, it was mentioned that Big Plume thought he had done well with the negotiation for future generations, and was fully behind in the plan and confident about the result. Word is he was shocked at the result....so after a few weeks of dusting himself off, he does have to stick up for the band's decision to save the band and his own face or he'll be punted as band leader. This after he proclaimed when he got elected 4 or so years ago that the road would be built and would also secure the band's future financially at the same time. He's done neither.

As mentioned above, the "guarantee" reasons he's publically using for it falling apart are dubious at best (and I think he knows it). Using the last resort in blaming the other party for last minute changes/vauge agreement wording is complete BS, after the fact that he gave it the green light for weeks before, but he has no choice now but to stand up for his band and appear strong.

Is the press conference just for PR so that he'll get some bleeding heart support? Who knows, but not sure what good it would do..its just for the appearances within the band. I guess there is a chance it may be a cover too, as I said, appear strong outwardly, and then if and when he comes secretly crawling back to the province in the next few weeks to ask them to keep the same deal but re-word in someway it so he looks like he's "won", he can again, save face.

If its done its done..the city rightly is moving ahead and getting its already drafted Plan B plans, probably firmed up in a couple months. If he or the band wants to reconsider what they're passing up on, they have a very short window to come back to the province, and stop crying over spilt milk...there's no blame to be assigned here as he's trying to intimate.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote