View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #435
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
What’s app is also great for group chats when someone(s) has an android iphone. Group texts without iMessage is a mess

It's all prospective, the problem is Apple is a predatory wannabee monopoly so they don't play with others well. I actually think Facebook Messenger is going to take down Whatsapp, odd since they are sister platforms. They have duplicate applications for no reason, and Messengers Kids is quickly spreading through elementary schools right now, when those kids age into normal social media in the 5+/- years they will already have friends lists integrated into the facebook messenger environment.
My age group (late 30s) and friends have all ages out of Facebook. No one really uses it anymore and our activity has dropped dramatically from our peak around 2010. Do the younger generations still flock to Facebook like we did 10 to 15 years ago?

I know WhatsApp is very popular to keep in contact with each other especially when people live in different regions or internationally. No one really uses Facebook Messenger. My kid's have used Messenger Kids a lot though this past year mostly because of the pandemic. If it wasn't for the lockdowns I don't think Messenger Kids would have been as active as it was.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote