View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #33
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
When you started posting at CP a couple of years ago, I honestly thought you were another re-incarnation of puckluck, for which I sincerely apologize now. You seem like a nice, enthusiastic kid who likes Flames hockey and, judging by what others are saying, about 19-20 years old? If that's correct, then my youngest is older than you, so, please don't take it the wrong way when I say this: why are you wasting time talking about the meaning of life with a bunch of avatars, man??? Go out, make some real friends, play sports, volunteer! Seriously, it's much more rewarding! This shoudln't be a real life here; just a hockey chat.

The amount of time and effort some people spend here talking about absolutely meaningless crap is really troubling. Not because it's meaningless, but because they have the time and desire to do so, instead of doing something real...
First of all, you had every right to feel that way about my original posting. I was insufferable and terrible. But whatever, I was 14.

I'm 19 this year. Five years on Calgarypuck averaging almost 10 posts a day seems like a lot, sure. (It's skewed a lot by Game Threads, but that's neither here nor there.) But I'm pretty active. I play in a competitive ball hockey league twice a week. I go out on weekends with friends. I work a lot, what with having two jobs. I write for a newspaper on a volunteer basis as part of school. I watch a lot of sports, and also the NBA sometimes. I hang out with my family, especially my last two remaining grandparents as they move into facilities.

I posted this thread yesterday after a very full day. I'm making this post on my lunch break. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just reassuring you: I live a full life! I have a pretty good setup. This community has become a part of it, too. It gives me a ton of different insights into how other people see the world, which, for a journalism student, is pretty valuable capital.

Anyway I suppose that's how I'm doing.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: