View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #590
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Wow, tough crowd.

If you think a massive, connected arena / stadium anchoring the revitalization of an outdated district is underwhelming, I don't know what to say. You may not like the design or the renderings that were released (I'm not the largest fan of them either), but to have a single building that combines our city's sports facilities is pretty special. It's rarely been done anywhere else.
Yeah, it would be exciting if there was anything close to a professional presentation, or anything resembling a coherent plan/strategy to get it built & funded.

That's what people are upset about. The fact that it took years of announcements about how announcements were coming and all we got was a crappy rendering and a VERY broad strokes concept. Sure the concept is cool, but it really took that long to come up with it?

With the time it took to get to this point, and the way KK and you were constantly talking up how awesome it was going to be, I think people expected more than a presentation that was basically just being told "Hey look at this great idea. We don't have details, but it's gonna be great." It was the same things we've been hearing for 5 years, but this time it had a basic sketch, and some hand waving on funding.

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 03-09-2016 at 02:25 PM.