View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #25
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
^^^^^^^^^

That doesn't exactly sound fun to me. It sounds like you're destroying everyone to the point of then helping them. Is there a more difficult mode to play on?
Once you figure out how to exploit a game's mechanics it's hard to put that cork back in the bottle. I've started giving away picks and players I just don't need, but once you start to get the hang of the game it's easy, no matter what, to develop your own players and have a steady supply of players. Eventually you run out of room, and you can't just trade these players for nothing.

I look for teams that need a specific player and disburse talent. It works pretty well, and I've created several Champion level teams throughout the league. CPU GMs aren't that bright (drafting poorly, offering insane contracts, signing 3 free agent goalies as starters, etc.), so I feel I'm helping more than harming.

You can play with Fog of War ON, which means you have to split your scouting slots between Professional and Amateur, which most certainly will assure you never come close to fully revealing prospect stats. It also provides a challenge as you have to scout other players in the league & AHL to reveal their stats.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote