View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #83
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
i too have a love hate relationship with amazon. it is nice to be able to easily browse a variety of products from your desk/home - for example, i wanted a pair of cheap sunglasses to keep at my desk at work and it was too easy to go and find them on amazon.

however, as a consumer it feels a little better about spending money at local stores to keep my neighbors employed and some of these stores contribute to making our community a little better, although amazon has announced plans to open up warehouses in alberta.
This.

My favourite store at the mall in my hometown is closing. This is the last week. While personally I'm annoyed as I loved the browse there and talk sports (it sells licensed sports merchandise) I grew up with the manager and he'll be left looking for new work over Christmas with 3 kids at home.

Why? Amazon is easier. Why pay full price for a jersey when I can get a counterfeit created jersey for like $30 online?

It's easy to say 'shop local'. It really hits home when it affects you and people you know.

... now, where do I get Flames stuff for my rec room?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote