Thread: Ear Infection
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #20
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Echoing others when I say that it's 100% viral at this point. Viral infections can still produce quite a bit of swelling and mucus production. If you're doing both systemic and external antibiotics, it's soooo not bacterial. This cold and flu season has led to some very persistent infections, sometimes taking up to a month to fully recover. Don't be alarmed if it takes a while to get back to normal. As long as it isn't affecting your hearing or equilibrium, you're ok.

If you are concerned about wax build up, get some drops at any local pharmacy and rinse it out with a bulb syringe. It's usually resolved after one treatment with drops, but you might have to do it a couple times before everything gets flushed out. Candling is a stupid old wives tale/home remedy that really does nothing. Debrox works just fine and it's 100% safe to use.

I also recommend over the counter ani-inflammatories like ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. That should allow the eustachian tube to open up and drain whatever fluid/crud is still causing the ear discomfort/ringing.

That being said, I am saying all this without directly examining your ear, so that would probably give me more information as to what is really going on. In short, listen to your doctor. Go back and get re-checked. If it isn't resolving very much don't let it linger.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: